Final reports on PT 105-551-A and Supplement A, ``High exposure thorium`` and PT 105-516-A, ``Effects of irradiation of thorium slugs`` [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1954.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 13 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- General Electric Company
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This report discusses Production Test 105-516-A which was written to determine the stability by both measurement and visual examination, of thorium slugs as used in flattening columns to exposures in excess of 400 MWD/AT. Both rolled and extruded thorium slugs were used; the highest exposures reached were about 1000 MWD/AT. Also discussed is Production Test 105-551-A which was written to demonstrate the stability of thorium slugs as used in flattening columns at exposures up to approximately 1500 MWD/AT; the supplement authorized exposures up to 3000 MWD/At. Six tubes of 10-66 material already in the pile were chosen; these have been discharged at exposures varying from ∼1230 to ∼2000 MWD/At.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 11/01/1954 - 11/01/1954
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14372573