N-Fuels Engineering programs [electronic resource] : CY-1965
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1965.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 9 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- General Electric Company, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Programs undertaken by N-Fuels Engineering should be designed to achieve the following general objectives; (1) maintain and/or improve fuel element quality level necessary to assure satisfactory reactor performance; (2) develop the fuel fabrication technology required to support the development and testing of new fuel designs; (3) reduce fuel manufacturing costs to achieve projected operated cost targets; (4) reduce the uranium metal costs charged to N-Reactor. Further, these programs must be integrated to provide maximum support to identifiable Section and Department goals. The specific goals for CY-65 are: (1) development technology necessary to support conversion to co-product operation early in CY-66; (2) conduct a program of uranium fabrication development to improve fuel element quality and reduce uranium costs; (3) improve fuel element quality, manufacturing yields, and conversion costs for the current production fuel design; (4) develop fuels capable of extended exposure and/or higher power level operation in support of alternate reactor operating plans; (5) develop new fuel fabrication techniques to extend the capabilities for fuel fabrication within the N-Reactor Department; (6) initiate equipment design and procurement actions as necessary to provide capability to meet production schedules.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:rl-nrd--163
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 01/01/1965 - 01/01/1965
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14372709