Production test IP-734, HAPO 309 [electronic resource] : High core temperature capsules in the KW Snout facility, Series 2.
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1964.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- General Electric Company
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The objective of the production test detailed in this report is to continue a program started under Production Test IP-690; the major change is an increase in sample enrichment. The higher enrichment is required to increase the portion of the fuel element core which is molten. This test will provide data to correlate maximum fuel temperature with post-irradiation microstructure, and data that are required to study the kinetics of fuel redistribution during the time interval between insertion of the capsule, into a constant, established neutron flux, and the time at which a steady state equilibrium structure is reached. This information will permit calculation of high temperature heat transfer coefficients and their variation during initial stages of irradiation. A quantitative understanding of fuel relocation and the time required to reach equilibrium are needed for optimum design of ultra-high temperature fuel elements.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 11/01/1964 - 11/01/1964
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14372722