Ex-vessel core catcher materials interactions. Annual progress report. [LMFBR] [electronic resource].
- El Segundo, Calif. : Aerospace Corporation, 1976. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 110 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Aerospace Corporation and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A twelve-month program to investigate ex-vessel core catcher materials interactions has been completed. The investigations, involving depleted uranium dioxide, magnesia brick, stainless steel, and low-carbon steel, were conducted in furnaces and associated facilities existing at Aerospace, which were modified to process molten and solidified radioactive samples. In addition to developing efficient methods for the melting, pouring, and sustained heating of UO/sub 2/, extensive sample characterizations and microanalyses were performed. Theoretical analyses were also made in data interpretation for the purpose of understanding the interaction kinetics.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/30/1976., "atr-77(7608)-1", and Meyer, R.A.; Swanson, D.G.; McClelland, J.D.; Zehms, E.H.; Ang, C.Y.; vanPaassen, H.L.L.
View MARC record | catkey: 14372810