Characterizing sources of indoor air pollution and related sink effects [electronic resource] / Bruce A. Tichenor, Editor
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Methods for Characterizing Indoor Sources and Sinks (1994 : Washington, D.C.)
- West Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered pages, 406 pages : illustrations, charts, diagrams, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Tichenor, Bruce A., 1940-, ASTM International, and ASTM Committee D-22 on Sampling and Analysis of Atmospheres. Subcommittee D22.05 on Indoor Air
- A small air velocity-controlled test chamber for emission studies / Y. Zhang and F. Haghighat -- A large dynamic chamber for characterizing particulate and voc emissions / P. A. Lawless, D. D. Smith, D. S. Ensor and L. E. Sparks -- Design and operation of a dynamic test chamber for measurement of biocontaminant pollutant emission and control / Douglas W. Vanosdell, Karin K. Foarde and John C. S. Chang -- A full-scale test chamber for material emission studies and indoor air quality modeling / J. S. Zhang, J. M. Kanabus-Kaminska and C. Y. Shaw -- Novel mini-chamber procedure for screening insulation for emission of formaldehyde and other vocs / Ivan E. Leigh -- The use of an experimental room for monitoring of airborne concentrations of microorganisms, glass fibers, and total particles / Mark P. Buttner and Linda D. Stetzenbach. Static Chamber Method for Evaluating the Ability of Indoor Materials to support microbial growth / Karin K. Foarde, Douglas W. Vanosdell, and John C. S. Chang -- Comparing the field and laboratory emission cell (flec) with traditional emissions testing chambers / Nancy Roache, Zhishi Guo, Roy Fortmann, and Bruce A. Tichenor -- Design and characterization of a small chamber for chemical and biological evaluation of sources of indoor air contamination / Mark A. Mason, Nancy F. Roache, Zhishi Guo, and Daniel Costa -- Testing protocols for determining emission factors and sink adsorption/desorption rates -- A method for determination of the sink effect of vocs from building materials / Ulla D. Kjaer, Peter A. Nielsen, Karl V. Vejrup, and Peder Wolkoff -- Particle buildup caused by gas-to-particle conversion of re-emitted matter from surfaces exposed to sidestream tobacco smoke / Johan Johansson -- Characterization of linoleum: identification of oxidative emission processes / B. Jensen, Peder Wolkoff, and C. K. Wilkins -- Biopollutant sampling and analysis of indoor surface dusts: characterization of potential sources and sinks / Eugene C. Cole, Pamela D. Dulaney, Keith E. Leese, Richard M. Hall, Karin K. Foarde, Deborah L. Franke, Eric M. Myers, and Michael A. Berry -- The use of unique study design to estimate exposure of adults and children to surface and airborne chemicals / J. A. Vaccaro, R. J. Nolan, P. G. Murphy, And D. B. Berbrich -- Study of air velocity and turbulence effects on organic compound emissions from building materials/furnishings using a new small test chamber / J. S. Zhang, C. Y. Shaw, J. M. Kanabus-kaminska, R. A. Macdonald, R. J. Magee, E. Lusztyk, and H. J. Weichert -- Comparison of two small chamber test methods used to measure formaldehyde and voc emission rates from particleboard and medium density fiberboard / W. Terry Liles, Michael D. Koontz, and Michael L. Hoag -- Small chamber methods fur characterizing formaldehyde emission from particleboard / Deraick R. Crump, Chuck W. E Yu, Richard W. Squire, and Michael Atkinson -- Considerations on revisions of emissions testing protocols / Zhishi Guo, Bruce A. Tichenor, Kenneth A. Krebs, and Nancy F. Roache -- Models for predicting source and sink behavior -- Linear systems, compartmental modeling, and estimability issues of iaq studies / William C. Evans -- Accounting for nonuniform mixing and human exposure in indoor environments / David T. Mage and Wayne R. Ott -- Development of continuous-application source terms and analytical solutions for one- and two-compartment systems--William C. Evans -- A strategy for characterizing homogeneous, diffusion-controlled, indoor sources and sinks / John C. Little and Alfred T. Hodgson -- Attempting to characterize the sink effect in a small stainless steel test chamber / Maurizio De Bortoli, Helmut Knoppel, Angelo Columbo, and Stylianos Kefalopoulos -- Interpretation and applications of test results -- Status of epa's bioresponse-based testing program / W. Gene Tucker, H. Kenneth Hudnell, and Mark A. Mason -- Indoor climate labeling of building materials: the experimental approach for a prototype / Peder Wolkoff and Peter A. Nielsen -- Measurement of human eye irritation using a co2 reference scale / Anne Hempel-jorgensen, Soren K. Kjaergaard, and Lars Molhave -- Source testing and data analysis for exposure and risk assessment of indoor pollutant sources / Leslie E. Sparks, Lars Molhave, And Sten Dueholm -- Screening and selecting building materials and products based on their emissions of volatile organic compounds (vocs) / Hal Levin and Alfred T. Hodgson -- Priority ranking and characterization of indoor air sources / Pauline K. Johnston, Christina A. Cinalli, John R. Girman, and Patrick W. Kennedy.
- "ASTM Stock Number: STP1287."
"ASTM Publication Code Number (PCN):04-012870-17"
"The symposium was sponsored by ASTM Committee D22 on Sampling and Analysis of Atmospheres and its Subcommittee D22.05 on Indoor Air."-- Foreword
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2011. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 14375254