Fatigue crack growth thresholds, endurance limits, and design [electronic resource] / J. C. Newman, Jr. and R. S. Piascik, editors
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Fatigue Crack Growth Thresholds, Endurance Limits, and Design (1998 : Norfolk, Va.)
- West Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered pages, ix-xii, 1 unnumbered page, 3-431 pages : illustrations, charts, diagrams, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Newman, J. C., Piascik, Robert S., ASTM Committee E-8 on Fatigue and Fracture, and ASTM International
- Mechanisms -- Mechanisms and modeling of near-threshold fatigue crack propagation / J. Petit, G. Henaff, C. Sarrazin-Baudoux -- Significance of the intrinsic threshold what is new? / A. Hadrboletz, B. Weiss, R. Stickler -- On the significance of crack tip shielding in fatigue threshold-theoretical relations and experimental implications / H.-J. Schindler -- Effects of K[subscript max] on fatigue Crack growth threshold in aluminum alloys / J. A. Newman, Jr., W. T. Riddell, R. S. Piascik -- Fatigue crack growth threshold concept and test results for al- and ti-alloys / G. Marci -- Resistance curves for the threshold of fatigue crack propagation in particle reinforced aluminium alloys / B. Tabernig, P. Powell, R. Pippan -- An indirect technique for determining closure-free fatigue crack growth behavior / S. W. Smith, R. S. Piascik -- Test Procedures -- ct of an overload on the threshold level of ti-6-22-22 / A. J. McEvily, M. Ohashi, R. Shover, A. DeCarmine -- Relation between endurance limits and thresholds in the field of gigacycle fatigue / C. Bathias -- A size effect on the fatigue crack growth rate threshold of alloy 718 / K. R. Garr, G. C. Hresko, III -- Effect of geometry and load history on fatigue crack growth in ti-62222 / H. O. Liknes, R. R. Stephens -- Increases in fatigue crack growth rate and reductions in fatigue strength due to periodic overstrains in biaxial fatigue loading / A. Varvani-Farahani, T. H. Topper ¿ Analysis -- Analysis of fatigue crack closure during simulated threshold testing / R. C. McClung -- Analyses of fatigue crack growth and closure near threshold conditions for large-crack behavior / J. C. Newman, Jr. -- Mechanics of moderately stressed cracks / F. O. Riemelmoser, R. Pippan -- Applications -- Pitfalls to avoid in threshold testing and its interpretation / R. W. Bush, J. K. Donald, R. J. Bucci -- Use of small fatigue crack growth analysis in predicting the s-n response of cast aluminium alloys / M. J. Caton, J. W. Jones, J. E. Allison -- Prediction of fatigue limits of engineering components containing small defects / Y. Akiniwa, K. Tanaka -- Corrosion fatigue crack growth thresholds for cast nickel-aluminum bronze and welds / E. J. Czyryca -- Mean stress and environmental effects on near-threshold fatigue crack propagation on a ti6246 alloy at room temperature and 500[degree]c / c. Sarrazin-Baudoux, Y. Chabanne, J. Petit -- Component design: The interface between threshold and endurance limit / D. Taylor, G. Wang -- Near-threshold fatigue strength of a welded steel bridge detail / P. Albrecht, W. J. Wright -- Fatigue crack growth thresholds measurements in structural materials / R. Lindstrom, P. Lidaar, B. Rosborg -- Endurance limit design of spheroidal graphite cast iron components based on natural defects / G. Marquis, R. Rabb, L. Siivonen.
- "ASTM special technical publication 1372."
"ASTM Stock : STP1372."
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2011. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 14375258