- Introduction : small states and status / Iver B. Neumann and Benjamin de Carvalho -- The formative years : Norway as an obsessive status-seeker / Halvard Leira -- Status, small powers, and significant others : re-reading Norway's attraction to Britain in the 20th century / Kristin M. Haugevik -- A great power performance : Norway, status and the policy of involvement / Benjamin de Carvalho and Jon Harald Sande Lie -- Status and sovereign equality : small powers in multilateral settings / Niels Nagelhus Schia and Ole Jacob Sending -- From "forces for good" to "forces for status"? : small state military status-seeking / Nina Græger -- Gifts favour the giver : Norway, status and the Nobel Peace Prize / Ingvild Johnsen -- How to be a "front-runner" : Norway and international climate politics / Bård Lahn and Elana Wilson Rowe -- Conclusion : a small middle power / William C. Wohlforth.
- "Status-seeking is an important aspect of the foreign policies of a number of small states, but one that has been rarely studied. This book aims to contribute to our understanding not only of status-seeking, by coming at that question from a new angle, that of a small state, but also to our understanding of foreign policy, by discussing the importance of status for foreign policy overall"--
- 9780415750363 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Scott Steinhauer Libraries Collection Endowment for International Studies; 2014
- Endowment Note:
- Scott Steinhauer Libraries Collection Endowment for International Studies
View MARC record | catkey: 14376178