The fabric of the human body : an annotated translation of the 1543 and 1555 editions / by Daniel H. Garrison, Malcolm H. Hast
- Language Note:
- Translations into English of both the 1543 and 1555 editions.
- This title recreates the masterpiece of science and art for the first time in a way that is understandable to 21st century readers who do not have any knowledge of Latin. The texts of both the 1543 and the 1555 editions have been translated with the utmost care by Northwestern University Professors Emeritus Daniel H. Garrison and Malcolm H. Hast, a task they completed in over 20 years of painstaking and dedicated work. Annotations give the reader keen insight into just how innovative 'De humani corporis fabrica' was, and high-resolution digital scans of the almost 300 woodcuts provide the images with a sharpness they never had before.
- 9783318022469 (hard cover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Barbara S. Klein Libraries Collection Endowment in Art History and International Affairs; 2014
View MARC record | catkey: 14377591