Phase Diagram of Iron, Revised-Core Temperatures [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1999. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 19 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Shock-wave experiments on iron preheated to 1,573 K conducted from 14 to 73 GPa, yield new data for sound velocities of the γ- and liquid-phases. Melting was observed in the highest pressure (∼ 71 ± 2 GPa) experiments at calculated shock temperatures of 2,775 ± 160 K. This single crossing of the γ-liquid boundary measured here agrees closely with the γ-iron melting line determined by Boehler , Saxena et al. , and Jephcoat and Besedin . This γ-iron melting curve is ∼ 300 C lower than that of Shen et al. [1998b] at 80 GPa.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/27/1999., "sand99-0219j", Geophysical Research Letter FT, and Chen, G.Q.; Ahrens, T.J.; Holland, K.G.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14379534