Savannah River Region [electronic resource] : Transition between the Gulf and Atlantic Coastal Plains. Proceedings
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1990.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 144 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Savannah River Company
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The focus of the this conference of Coastal Plains geologists was on the Savannah River region of Georgia and South Carolina, and particularly on the geology of the US Department of Energy`s 300 square mile Savannah River Site (SRS) in western South Carolina. Current geological studies indicate that the Mesozoic-Cenozoic section in the Savannah River region is transitional between that of the Gulf Coastal Plain to the southwest and that of the Atlantic Coastal Plain to the northeast. With the transitional aspect of the region as its theme, the first session was devoted to overviews of Cretaceous and Paleogene geology in the Gulf and Atlantic Coastal Plains. Succeeding presentations and resulting discussions dealt with more specific problems in structural, lithostratigraphic, hydrological, biostratigraphic, and cyclostratigraphic analysis, and of correlation to standard stratigraphic frameworks. For these conference proceedings, individual papers have been processed separately for the Energy Data Base.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
2. Savannah River Region: Transition between the Gulf and Atlantic Coastal Plains,Hilton Head, SC (United States),6-11 Nov 1990.
Price, V.; Harris, W.B.; Zullo, V.A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14380467