Spacing effects on seismic responses of underground waste storage tanks [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In this paper, an investigation is performed for determination of the effects of spacing on seismic response of grouped underground tank structures. The study is carried out using a 2-D Finite Element Method, and the key mechanisms for transmitting structure-soil-structure interaction (SSSI) effects are identified. A parametric analysis is performed to quantify the SSSI effects. Results of the study are presented.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl--49761
E 1.99: conf-940613--9
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1994 American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) pressure vessels and piping conference,Minneapolis, MN (United States),19-23 Jun 1994.
Miller, C.A.; Xu, J.; Costantino, C.J.; Bandyopadhyay, K.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14380485