Residual gravity analysis of selected cross sections of the Hanford reservation [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 42 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Gravity data were collected along selected sites on the Hanford reservation. Residual gravity profiles were calculated. These data were then modeled using the Talwani two-dimensional gravity model. Analysis of these models suggests the location of several buried stream channels. The northern channel is believed to represent the ancestral Columbia when it flowed through a synclinal trough between Gable Mountain and Gable Butte, and the southern channel is believed to reflect a previous location of the Yakima River.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Richard (B.H.) Associates, Richland, WA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14381635