Comment on the light-heavy majorana neutrino mechanism in no-neutrino double beta decay [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1984.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We review the cancellation mechanism between light and heavy neutrinos in no-neutrino double beta decay, and the limits on the mass and mixing angle for the heavy neutrino. We emphasize that the effective mass for no-neutrino double beta decay varies with atomic weight, being heavier the lighter the parent nucleus. A search for double beta decay in /sup 48/Ca will be an excellent test of this mechanism.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
4. Moriond workshop on massive neutrinos in particle and astro-physics, La Plagne, France, 15 Jan 1984.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14381926