Marysville, Montana, Geothermal Project [electronic resource] : Geological and Geophysical Exploration at Marysville Geothermal Area 1973 Results (With a Section on ''Contemporary Seismicity in the Helena, Montana Region'').
- Arlington, Va. : National Science Foundation (U.S.), 1974.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 135 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Battelle Memorial Institute, National Science Foundation (U.S.), and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report describes field geological and geophysical investigations of the Marysville geothermal area, including geological mapping, sample collection, a ground total field magnetic survey, gravity survey, seismic ground noise survey, microearthquake survey, and heat flow study. Although sufficient data are not available, it is likely that a magma chamber is the heat source. A second section, ''Contemporary Seismicity in the Helena, Montana, Region'' examines the coincidence of high heat flow and earthquake swarm activity in this region. (GRA)
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:pb-248214
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Smith, R.L.; Blackwell, D.D.; Brott, C.A.; Goforth, T.T.; Holdaway, M.J.; Morgan, P.; Friedline, R.
View MARC record | catkey: 14382127