Pion-nucleus total cross-section data from LAMPF and BNL. [Neutron and proton radii] [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 12 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- New measurements of pion-nucleus total cross sections were made at LAMPF and BNL. The results from LAMPF include measurement of the difference of the rms neutron and proton radii of /sup 48/Ca to be 0.08 +- 0.02 and that of /sup 18/O to be 0.19 +- 0.02. The BNL measurements provide a new phenomenology on the downshift and spreading of the (3-3) resonance in nuclei from the first data on heavy nuclei. A new technique for handling the Coulomb effects in total cross section measurements is discussed.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International topical conference on meson-nuclear physics, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 24 May 1976.
Los Alamos Scientific Lab., N.Mex. (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14382247