Recommendations report for the platanares geothermal site, Department of Copan, Honduras. Reporte de recomendaciones para el sitio geotermico de platanares, Departamento de Copan, Honduras [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1988.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 150 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A geothermal assessment of six previously identified sites in Honduras has been conducted by a team comprised of staff from the Los Alamos National Laboratory, the US Geological Survey, and the Empresa Nacional de Energia Electrica. The application of both reconnaissance and detailed scale techniques lead to the selection of Platanares in the Department of Copan as the highest potential site. Additional work resulted in the completion of a prefeasibility study at Platanares. We present here a tabulation of the work completed and short summaries of the results from these technical studies. We also present a brief model of the geothermal system and recommendations for additional feasibility work. Both English and Spanish versions of this report are provided in the same document. 18 figs., 5 tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14383788