Correlation of the Na/K ratio in geothermal well waters with the thermodynamic properties of low albite and potash feldspar [electronic resource].
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1992. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (10 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Na/K ratio in geothermal well waters provides a better estimate of the relative stability of low albite and potash feldspar than do predictions from calorimetry and high temperature phase equilibria. The calculated saturation indices from field data for low albite, potash feldspar suggest that [Delta]G[sub f,298][sup o] for the latter should be revised to [minus]3748.6[plus minus]3.7 kJ.mol[sup [minus]1].
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/1992., "lbl-32062", " conf-920761--16", "DE93010445", 7. water-rock interaction conference, Park City, UT (United States), 9-23 Jul 1992., and Apps, J.A.; Chang, G.M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14383959