Wellbore inertial navigation system (WINS) software development and test results [electronic resource].
- Albuquerque, N.M. : Sandia National Laboratories, 1982. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 74 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The structure and operation of the real-time software developed for the Wellbore Inertial Navigation System (WINS) application are described. The procedure and results of a field test held in a 7000-ft well in the Nevada Test Site are discussed. Calibration and instrumentation error compensation are outlined, as are design improvement areas requiring further test and development. Notes on Kalman filtering and complete program listings of the real-time software are included in the Appendices. Reference is made to a companion document which describes the downhole instrumentation package.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1982., "sand-82-1954", "DE83000405", and Wardlaw, R. Jr.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14384350