Prediction of reinjection effects on the Cerro Prieto geothermal system [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1982. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 25 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The response of the Cerro Prieto geothermal field to different reinjection schemes is predicted using a two-dimensional vertical reservoir model with single- or two-phase flow. The advance of cold fronts and pressure changes in the system associated with the inection operations are computed, taking into consideration the geologic characteristics of the field. The effects of well location, depth, and rates of injection are analyzed. Results indicate that significant pressure maintenance effects may be realized in a carefully designed reinjection operation.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/10/1982., "lbl-14895", " cerro-prieto-23", " conf-8208109-5", "DE83009051", 4. symposium on the Cerro Prieto geothermal field, Guadalajara, Mexico, 10 Aug 1982., and Tsang, C.F.; Lippmann, M.J.; Mangold, D.C.; Doughty, C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14385093