Status and trends of geothermal direct use projects in the United States [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1988.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The United States is continuing to experience a significant growth rate in the use of low- and moderate-temperature geothermal resources for direct use applications, which is making an increasing contribution to the United States energy demands. This paper provides an overview of how and where geothermal energy is being used, the extent of that use, and what the development trends and concerns appear to be. The applications discussed include industrial processes, heat pumps (heating and cooling), pools and spas, aquaculture and agriculture applications, and space and district heating projects. 3 tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1988., "egg-m-88421", " conf-881045-6", "DE89005417", Annual meeting of the Geothermal Resources Council, San Diego, CA, USA, 9 Oct 1988., Lienau, P.J.; Lunis, B.C., and EG and G Idaho, Inc., Idaho Falls (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14385420