Direct use of geothermal energy, Elko, Nevada district heating. Final report [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1983.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 223 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- In early 1978 the US Department of Energy, under its Project Opportunity Notice program, granted financial assistance for a project to demonstrate the direct use application of geothermal energy in Elko, Nevada. The project is to provide geothermal energy to three different types of users: a commercial office building, a commercial laundry and a hotel/casino complex, all located in downtown Elko. The project included assessment of the geothermal resource potential, resource exploration drilling, production well drilling, installation of an energy distribution system, spent fluid disposal facility, and connection of the end users buildings. The project was completed in November 1982 and the three end users were brought online in December 1982. Elko Heat Company has been providing continuous service since this time.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/1983., "doe/et/27033-6", "DE85006769", Lattin, M.W.; Hoppe, R.D., and Chilton Engineering, Chartered, Elko, NV (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14386252