Formation temperature gauge feasibility study. Volume II. [Neutron radiometric gauge] [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1977.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 55 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The present status of the formation temperature gauge feasibility study is reported. It also demonstrates the feasibility of the technique in the simplified situations examined to date both analytically and experimentally. The first section deals with the theory underlying the technique. The next three sections describe the temperature gauge, the simplified model calculations of the gauge response, and the preliminary experimental measurements performed to verify the results of the computational study. The final section describes the formation temperature test stand designed to demonstrate the feasibility of the technique in the geothermal well geometry. This test stand has been assembled and measurements of the gauge response will begin shortly. These are outlined at the end of this report.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
IRT Corp., San Diego, Calif. (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14388265