Evaluation of Pure Oxygen Systems at the Umatilla Hatchery [electronic resource] : Task 1-Review and Evaluation of Supplemental O2 Systems, Final Report
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 186 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Bonneville Power Administration
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Northwest Power Planning Council has established a goal of doubling the size of salmon runs in the Columbia River Basin. The achievement of this important goal is largely dependent upon expanding the production of hatchery fish. Pure oxygen has been commonly used to increase the carrying capacity of private sector salmonid hatcheries in the Pacific Northwest. The use of supplemental oxygen to increase hatchery production is significantly less expensive than the construction of new hatcheries and might save up to $500 million in construction costs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 03/01/1991 - 03/01/1991
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14389204