Model documentation report [electronic resource] : Short-Term Hydroelectric Generation Model
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 25 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The purpose of this report is to define the objectives of the Short- Term Hydroelectric Generation Model (STHGM), describe its basic approach, and to provide details on the model structure. This report is intended as a reference document for model analysts, users, and the general public. Documentation of the model is in accordance with the Energy Information Administration`s (AYE) legal obligation to provide adequate documentation in support of its models (Public Law 94-385, Section 57.b.2). The STHGM performs a short-term (18 to 27- month) forecast of hydroelectric generation in the United States using an autoregressive integrated moving average (UREMIA) time series model with precipitation as an explanatory variable. The model results are used as input for the short-term Energy Outlook.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/01/1993., "doe/eia--m053", "DE93040456", "NONE", Not Available., and USDOE Energy Information Administration, Washington, DC (United States). Office of Coal, Nuclear, Electric and Alternate Fuels
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 08/01/1993 - 08/01/1993
View MARC record | catkey: 14389234