Development of a Systemwide Program [electronic resource] : Stepwise Implementation of a Predation Index, Predator Control Fisheries and Evaluation Plan in the Columbia River Basin, Volume 1, 1992 Annual Report
- Portland, Ore : United States. Bonneville Power Administration, 1994. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 363 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oregon. Department of Fish and Wildlife, United States. Bonneville Power Administration, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Results of the second year are reported of a basinwide program to harvest northern squawfish in an effort to reduce mortality due to squawfish predation on juvenile salmonids during their migration from natal streams to the ocean. Six papers are included in this report. They are entitled: feasibility investigation of a commercial longline fishery for northern squawfish in the Columbia River downstream from Bonneville dam; evaluation of the northern squawfish sport-reward fishery in the Columbia and Snake Rivers; controlled angling for northern squawfish at selected dams on the Columbia and Snake Rivers in 1992; evaluation of harvest technology for squawfish control in Columbia River reservoirs; effectiveness of predator-removal for protecting juvenile fall chinook salmon released from Bonneville Hatchery; and Northern squawfish sport-reward payments.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/1994., "doe/bp-07084-3", "DE94016042", and Ward, David L.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Annual; 12/31/1992 - 12/31/1992
- Funding Information:
- 1990BI07084 and 199007700
View MARC record | catkey: 14389291