Permeation and Diffusion of Hydrogen Through Pd Membranes [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2003. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Savannah River Site, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Hydrogen diffusion through Pd membranes has been measured under non-UHV conditions, i.e., the membranes are evacuated under non-UHV conditions. Despite this, the results indicate that bulk diffusion is the slow step and the diffusion constants agree with earlier workers results where UHV conditions obtained. The activation energy for H2 permeation in the dilute phase was determined from an Arrhenius plot over a series of temperatures from 423 to 503 K. The solubilities of H2 were determined over the same temperature range and from these data, the diffusion constants were determined.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/29/2003., "wsrc-ms-2002-00899", FT, and Shanahan, K.L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14390406