Cross Section Measurement of Charged Pion Photoproduction from Hydrogen and Deuterium [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2002.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 161 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We have measured the differential cross section for the gamma n --> pi- p and gamma p --> pi+ n reactions at center of mass angle of 90 degree in the photon energy range from 1.1 to 5.5 GeV at Jefferson Lab (JLab). The data at photon energies greater than 3.3 GeV exhibit a global scaling behavior for both pi- and pi+ photoproduction, consistent with the constituent counting rule and the existing pi+ photoproduction data. Possible oscillations around the scaling value were observed. The cross section ratio of exclusive pi- to pi+ photoproduction at high energy is consistent with the prediction based on one-hard-gluon-exchange diagrams. The data also indicate a resonance structure at a center-of-mass energy near 2.2 GeV.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:jlab-phy-02-57
E 1.99: doe/er/40150-2372
E 1.99: nucl-ex/0211009
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
L.Y. Zhu for the Hall A Collaboration.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14390968