Experimental studies of the Negative Ion of Hydrogen. Final Report [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 32 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of New Mexico, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This document presents an overview of the results of the DOE'S support of experimental research into the structure and interactions of the negative ion of hydrogen conducted by the Department of Physics and Astronomy of the University of New Mexico at the Los Alamos National Laboratory. The work involves many collaborations with scientists from both institutions, as well as others. Although official DOE support for this work began in 1977, the experiment that led to it was done in 1971, near the time the 800 MeV linear accelerator at Los Alamos (LAMPF) first came on line. Until the mid nineties, the work was performed using the relativistic beam at LAMFF. The most recent results were obtained using the 35 keV injector beam for the Ground Test Accelerator at Los Alamos. A list of all published results from this work is presented.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:763421
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Bryant, Howard C.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 02/01/1993 - 03/31/1999
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14391127