Activity of Ga, In and Cu modified MFI zeolites for amine reactions [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, La.), United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- High densities of Ga, In and Cu cations (Me/Al=1) in MFI zeolites have been obtained via thermal treatment of mechanical mixtures of metal oxides with H-MFI resulting in solid state ion-exchange. Ga and In require an H₂ reducing agent during thermal treatment while Cu requires only an absence of O₂ and undergoes autoreduction during thermal treatment. Using both thermal analysis with MS detection and catalytic testing in a gradientless batch recirculating reactor, the modified catalysts have been shown to be highly reactive towards amines. The desorption features of 1-propanamine with cation containing MFI generally differ from those of pure HMFI zeolite. Propanenitrile, C₂-C₆ alkenes and aromatics appear in the decomposition products. Catalytic experiments have revealed that Ga, In, and Cu zeolitic cations promote dehydrogenation and condensation reactions of propanamine to different extents. Such behavior probably results from Lewis acid interactions of the zeolite cation with the amine.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:conf-940744--5
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
10. international zeolite conference,Garmish-Partenkirchen (Germany),17-22 Jul 1994.
Kanazirev, V.; Price, G.L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14394551