Outgassing rate of Reemay Spunbonded Polyester and DuPont Double Aluminized Mylar [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper presents the outgassing rates of two commercially available multi-layer insulation (MLI) materials commonly used in cryogenic applications. Both Reemay Spunbonded Polyester and DuPont Double Aluminized Mylar (DAM) were studied for outgassing species and respective rates, and the total amount of outgassed material. Measurements were made using a Fixed Aperture Technique. A sample was pumped on through an aperture of known size with a turbomolecular pump. Pressure vs. time was plotted for both Reemay and DAM, as well as the baseline system, and data conveniently extrapolated to ≈1,000 hrs. A quadrupole residual gas analyzer was used to measure the outgassing species.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl--49345
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Todd, R.J.; Welch, K.M.; Pate, D.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 08/01/1993 - 08/01/1993
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14394699