Model studies of hydrodesulfurization by Mo. Annual technical progress report, December 1, 1991--November 30, 1992 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Harvard University, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Effects of surface modifiers (Co, S) on activity and selectivity of Mo(110) for desulfurization processes were studied. S generally increases the selectivity for desulfurization while decreasing overall reactivity. Co promots C-H activation processes on Mo(110). The Mo(110)-(9x2)-Co surface affects the desulfurization of 2,5- dihydrothiophene and methanethiol. Vibrational spectroscopy is being used for determining molecular orientation; vibrational frequencies were calculated for four labeled 2-propoxide isomers on Mo(110) and found to agree with experiment.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/er/13289--6
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Annual; 01/01/1991 - 12/31/1992
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14394800