Exact calculations of phase and membrane equilibria for complex fluids by Monte Carlo simulation [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (12 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Cornell University. School of Chemical Engineering, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Objective is to develop molecular simulation techniques for phase equilibria in complex systems. The Gibbs ensemble Monte Carlo method was extended to obtain phase diagrams for highly asymmetric and ionic fluids. The modified Widom test particle technique was developed for chemical potentials of long polymeric molecules, and preliminary calculations of phase behavior of simple model homopolymers were performed.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/er/14014-3
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14395382