In situ XANES study of the valence state of chromium during electrochemical polarization of AlCr alloys [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 11 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The chemistry of chromium in the passive film on pure chromium and sputtered AlCr thin films has been studied in situ in an electrochemical cell under potential control using XANES. Depending on the rate of potential increase, the 6-valent chromium can dissolve from the alloy or be trapped in the passive film where it is electroactive i.e. the valence state can be reversibly switched between the 3- and 6-valent states by switching the applied potential. The kinetics of these processes were investigated.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
180. meeting of the Electrochemical Society,Phoenix, AZ (United States),13-18 Oct 1991.
Davenport, A.J.; Isaacs, H.S.; Frankel, G.S.; Jahnes, C.V.; Schrott, A.G.; Russak, M.A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14395469