Photochemical dynamics of surface oriented molecules [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (5 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Cornell University. Department of Physics, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Photodesorption and photoreaction was investigated using a mass spectrometer, on O[sub 2] alone and coadsorbed with CO on Pt(111) at 80 K. Desorption of O[sub 2] continues for 1 ps, indicating multiple excitation of adsorbed O[sub 2] by photogenerated hot electrons. The branching ratio for O[sub 2] desorption to CO[sub 2] product formation increases as the O[sub 2] is photoexcited by femtosecond light pulses, in contrast to the larger CO[sub 2] photoyield for nanosecond laser excitation.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1993., "doe/er/14205-2", "DE93016289", and Ho, W.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14395916