Spectroscopy and kinetics of combustion gases at high temperatures [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (5 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This program involves two complementary activities: (1) development and application of cw ring dye laser absorption. methods for sensitive detection of radical species and measurement of fundamental spectroscopic parameters at high temperatures; and (2) shock tube studies of radical-molecule and radical-radical reactions relevant to combustion. Species currently under investigation in the spectroscopic portion of the research include NO and CH[sub 3]; this has necessitated the development of a unique intracavity frequency-doubling system for our cw laser which operates at wavelengths in the range 210--230 nm. Shock tube studies of reaction kinetics currently are focussed on reactions of CH[sub 3] radicals.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/01/1992., "doe/er/13857-t3", "DE93006892", Bowman, C.T.; Hanson, R.K., and Stanford Univ., CA (United States). High Temperature Gasdynamics Lab.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14395959