Chemical shift anisotropies of /sup 1/H in H/sub 2/O(s), H/sub 2/S(s), and C/sub 6/H/sub 6/(s) [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1977. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 51 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Ames Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The proton NMR in powdered samples of H/sub 2/O(s), H/sub 2/S(s), and C/sub 6/H/sub 6/(s) have been studied by multiple pulse line narrowing techniques. The resultant spectra provide nuclear magnetic shielding tensors that are (at least approximately) axially symmetric. The anisotropy is 34.2 +- 1.0 ppM for ice, 11.1 +- 1.0 ppM for the highest-temperature phase of solid hydrogen sulfide, and -5.3 +- 0.3 for benzene. Comparisons are made with previous experimental and theoretical work.
- Dissertation Note:
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/01/1977., "is-t-784", and Ryan, L. M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14396995