High-level neutron-coincidence-counter (HLNCC) implementation [electronic resource] : assay of the plutonium content of mixed-oxide fuel assemblies
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1982. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 41 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The portable High-Level Neutron Coincidence Counter is used to assay the /sup 240/Pu-effective loading of a reference mixed-oxide fuel assembly by neutron coincidence counting. We have investigated the effects on the coincidence count rate of the total fuel loading (UO/sub 2/ + PuO/sub 2/), the fissile loading, the fuel rod diameter, and the fuel rod pattern. The coincidence count rate per gram of /sup 240/Pu-effective per centimeter is primarily dependent on the total fuel loading of the assembly; the higher the loading, the higher the coincidence count rate. Detailed procedures for the assay of mixed-oxide fuel assemblies are developed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 04/01/1982., "la-9318-ms", "DE82015083", and Foley, J E; Bosler, G E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14397333