Polonium-210 assay using a background-rejecting extractive liquid-scintillation method [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1981.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This paper describes a procedure which combines solvent extraction with alpha liquid scintillation spectrometry. Pulse shape discrimination electronics are used to reject beta and gamma pulses and to lower the background count to acceptable levels. Concentration of /sup 210/Po and separation from interferring elements are accomplished using a H/sub 3/Po/sub 4/-HCl solution with TOPO combined with a scintillor in toluene. (DLC)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
ANS winter meeting, San Francisco, CA, USA, 29 Nov 1981.
Case, C.N.; McDowell, W.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14397446