Potential measurements in acetylide-containing melts [electronic resource].
- Chicago, Ill. : Illinois Institute of Technology, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 3 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Illinois Institute of Technology
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Present data suggest that the free energy of formation of Li/sub 2/C/sub 2/ is -26 kcal/mol at 700/sup 0/K. However, there is no evidence that the discharge of acetylide ions is reversible, i.e., that acetylide ions are formed by direct reduction of carbon. The carbon electrode is susceptible to mixed potentials. Acetylide ion discharge is strongly diffusion controlled. It appears that acetylide ions in LiCl--KCl eutectic are reasonably stable only in the absence of oxidants such as lithium-intercalated graphite. (DLC)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
2. symposium on molten salts, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 15 Oct 1978.
Selman, J.R.; Qafisheh, J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14397751