Quick and accurate profile monitor for irradiated fuel. [Gas chambers] [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 8 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A new instrument has been developed for the rapid measurement of the activity profile of irradiated fuel pins and assemblies. Through prototype examinations it has been shown that the profile shapes agree with the shapes as measured by an intrinsic germanium detector and a Be(..gamma..,n) detector. This new technique can reduce the profile measurement time by more than an order of magnitude over existing measurement times.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur-79-1020
E 1.99: conf-790430-6
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1. annual symposium on safeguards and nuclear material management, Brussels, Belgium, 25 Apr 1979.
Lee, D.M.; Phillips, J.R.; Hatcher, C.R.; Hsue, S.T.; Halbig, J.K.; Medina, E.G.; Kaieda, K.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14398105