Solvent extraction in HTGR reprocessing. Interim development report [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 69 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Acid-Thorex flowsheets using tributyl phosphate (TBP) to process feed which simulated that from HTGR fuels were tested in pulsed solvent extraction columns. Tests were performed to study the effects of solvent degradation and solids in the feed and decontamination performance using tracer Zr-95. Equipment recommendations for each process step are made. The Acid-Thorex process is expected to provide relatively trouble-free operation in commercial reprocessing of HTGR fuel. (auth)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
General Atomic Co., San Diego, Calif. (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14398412