Calorimetry of low mass Pu239 items [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2010. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Calorimetric assay has the reputation of providing the highest precision and accuracy of all nondestructive assay measurements. Unfortunately, non-destructive assay practitioners and measurement consumers often extend, inappropriately, the high precision and accuracy of calorimetric assay to very low mass items. One purpose of this document is to present more realistic expectations for the random uncertainties associated with calorimetric assay for weapons grade plutonium items with masses of 200 grams or less.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/2010., "la-ur-10-03477", " la-ur-10-3477", 2010 New Brunswick Laboratory Measurement Evaluation Program Meeting ; July 10, 2010 ; Baltimore, MD., and Sampson, Thomas E; Cremers, Teresa L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14398819