INEL5-single-crystal chopper spectrometer-reference instrument WBS 1.7.12 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- INEL5 is designed for the study of relatively high energy cooperative excitations in single crystals. Figure 1 provides a schematic representation of INEL5, and Table 1 gives the parameters for this instrument. The use of linear position sensitive detectors provides good vector Q resolution, and the coverage of a large solid angle at low scattering angles permits sampling of the necessary regions of reciprocal space to follow the dispersion of these excitations. The instrument is optimized for studies with relatively high incident energies (tens to hundreds of meV), but can also be used with incident energies as low as 10 meV. Provision is made to allow addition at a later date of a detector bank at higher scattering angles in order to enhance the capabilities for the lower energy transfer studies.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14400031