Data acquisition system for the Large Scintillating Neutrino Detector at Los Alamos [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The data acquisition system for the Large Scintillating Neutrino Detector (LSND) is described. The system collects time and charge information in real time from 1600 photomultiplier tubes and passes the data in intelligent-trigger selected time windows to analysis computers, where events are reconstructed and analyzed as candidates for a variety of neutrino-related physics processes. The system is composed of fourteen VME crates linked to a Silicon Graphics, Inc. ``4D/480`` multiprocessor computer through multiple, parallel Ethernets, and a collection of contemporary high-performance workstations.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
10. conference on computing in high energy physics,Annecy (France),21-25 Sep 1992.
Anderson, G.; Smith, D.; White, D.H.; Thompson, T.N.; Weaver, L.S.; Cohen, I.; Evans, D.; Foreman, W.; Hart, G.; Federspiel, F.; Burman, R.; Chang, T.; Sandberg, V.; Whitehouse, D.; Louis, W.C.; Kozlowski, T.; Margulies, J.; Strossman, W.; VanDalen, G.J.; Vernon, W.; Gomulka, S.; Band, A.; Homann, B.; Nuanes, A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14400565