Addition of photosensitive dopants to the D0 liquid argon calorimeter [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (9 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The addition of photosensitive dopants to liquid argon greatly enhances the signal from heavily ionizing particles. Since binding energy losses we correlated with the heavily ionizing component in hadronic showers, the addition of photosensitive dopants has been suggested as a mechanism to tune the e/[pi] ratio in liquid argon calorimeters. A measurement was performed at the FNAL test beam, adding 4 ppM tetramethylgermanium to the D[phi] uranium-liquid argon calorimeter. An increase in response for electromagnetic and hadronic showers was observed, with no net change in the e/[pi] ratio.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/01/1992., "fnal/c-92/275", " conf-9206222--5", "DE93004416", International conference on advanced technology and particle physics, Como (Italy), 22-26 Jun 1992., and Anderson, D.F.; Amos, N.A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14400888