The Fermilab D0 Master Clock System [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (6 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Clock System provides bunch crossing related timing signals to various detector subsystems. Accelerator synchronization and monitoring as well as timing signal generation and distribution are discussed. The system is built using three module types implemented in Eurostandard hardware with a VME communications interface. The first two types of modules are used to facilitate synchronization with the accelerator and to generate 23 timing signals that are programmable with one RF bucket (18.8 ns) resolution and 1 ns accuracy. Fifty-four of the third module type are used to distribute the timing signals and two synchronous 53 MHz and 106 MHz clocks to various detector subsystems. 6 refs., 5 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
IEEE nuclear science symposium, Santa Fe, NM (United States), 5-9 Nov 1991.
Dyer, A.; Rotolo, C.; Needles, C.; Fachin, M.; Rauch, M.; Chappa, S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14401007