Liquid argon gamma ray detector [electronic resource] : Variations of the Willis chamber
- Menlo Park, Calif. : Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, 1988. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Application of the liquid argon ionization chamber to gamma ray shower detection is discussed. Several variations are examined, and their merits and deficiencies pointed out. A design which looks promising uses sheets of foil and aluminized strips on mylar as the ion collectors, and detects the current as the output signal.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1988., "slac-pep-note-156", "DE88015162", and Odian, A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14401253