The DIRC counter [electronic resource] : A new type of particle identification device for B factories
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (11 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A very thin, solid radiator, totally internally reflecting, imaging Cherenkov counter (DIRC) is described. This device is well matched to the hadronic charged particle identification requirements at an asymmetric e[sup +]e[sup [minus]] B Factory.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:slac-pub-6047
E 1.99: conf-9211172--2
- Other Subject(s):
- B Mesons
- Meson Factories
- Cherenkov Counters
- Particle Identification
- Electron-Positron Interactions
- Shower Counters
- Beauty Particles
- Elementary Particles
- Lepton-Lepton Interactions
- Measuring Instruments
- Particle Interactions
- Pseudoscalar Mesons
- Radiation Detectors
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International workshop on B factories: accelerators and experiments, Tsukuba (Japan), 17-20 Nov 1992.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14401332