Construction of the CDF silicon vertex detector [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (7 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Technical details and methods used in constructing the CDF silicon vertex detector are presented. This description includes a discussion of the foam-carbon fiber composite structure used to silicon microstrip detectors and the procedure for achievement of 5 μm detector alignment. The construction of the beryllium barrel structure, which houses the detector assemblies, is also described. In addition, the 10 μm placement accuracy of the detectors in the barrel structure is discussed and the detector cooling and mounting systems are described. 12 refs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 04/01/1992., "fnal/c-92/111-e", " conf-911106--95", "DE92014611", IEEE nuclear science symposium, Santa Fe, NM (United States), 5-9 Nov 1991., and Carter, H.; Nelson, C.; Schneider, O.; Turner, K.; Shaw, T.; Snider, F.; Barnett, B.; Tseng, J.; Tkaczyk, S.; Boswell, C.; Ely, R.; Flaugher, B.; Holland, S.; Carithers, W.; Haber, C.; Skarha, J.; Kleinfelder, S.; Merrick, T.; Vejcik, S.; Spies, A.; Gonzales, B.; Hrycyk, M.; Segler, S.; Wesson, T.; Wester.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14401477