Component and system tests of the SLD Cerenkov Ring Imaging Detector [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (9 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The components of the SLD barrel Cerenkov Ring Imaging Detector (CRID) are now built and are being installed. We report on tests of these, including tests of the fiber optic calibration system, detailed studies of electron drift paths on production drift boxes and detectors, tests of the dynamic gating system and its effect on drift path distortions due to space-charge, and a measurement of the electron lifetime in a production drift box. In addition, we report on the UV transmission of recirculated liquid C₆F₁₄ and on the effects of CRID construction materials on electron lifetime. 9 refs., 11 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 02/01/1991., "slac-pub-5365-rev.", " conf-9010220--13", "DE91009365", ": PHY88-13669", "PHY88-13018", 1990 IEEE nuclear science symposium, Arlington, VA (USA), 23-27 Oct 1990., and Liu, X.; Va'vra, J.; Antilogus, P.; Williams, S.; Shapiro, S.; Aston, D.; Bienz, T.; Bird, F.; Dolinsky, S.; Simopoulos, C.; Dunwoodie, W.; Kwon, Y.; Rensing, P.; Schultz, D.; Toge, N.; Coyle, P.; Ratcliff, B.; Dasu, S.; Hallewell, G.; Kawahara, H.; Muller, D.; Nagamine, T.; Solodov, E.; Leith, D.; Pavel, T.; Cavalli-Sforza, M.; Coyne, D.; Gagnon, P.; Williams, D.A.
- Funding Information:
- AC03-76SF00515 and AT03-76ER70023
View MARC record | catkey: 14401663